Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Unbraiding of Anna Brown by Amelia Smarts

Hey y'all! 

Yes I'm a Texan, so shush. :-P

Look who I found wandering around the corner from my blog... The adorable Amelia Smarts!

How're ya doin Amelia? What brings you to the wonderful land of Sara Fields?


"Hi, Sara! Thanks for having me on your blog to discuss my book The Unbraiding of Anna Brown, published by Blushing Books. This is a sweet western romance containing a whole lot of love and a bit of old-fashioned discipline/spanking. It will appeal to readers drawn to stories about a simpler time in history, when the men were often as tough as the land they sought to tame and the women as strong as they were submissive. I hope readers will delight in the journey Carter and Anna take on the path to love, and finish the novella feeling encouraged about the happiness to be found when risking love and romance." ~Amelia


So my lovelies... Let's check out more about The Unbraiding of Anna Brown... 





About this book:

Anna wanted a job but was unprepared for the emotional labor she would endure when she convinced Carter to hire her to keep house and mind his small son after the death of his wife. She discovers that the gentle, teasing demeanor she’d witnessed from the cowboy previously has been buried along with his wife, forcing her to contend with the glowering, ill-tempered man who snaps at her and doesn’t notice or appreciate her earnest efforts. She quietly suffers his apathy and impatience until a single snub pushes her to her breaking point, causing her to take drastic action to get his attention.

Carter didn’t expect such behavior from this sweet, innocent girl. It startles him out of his stupor long enough to feel his palm itching to connect with her naughty backside. He finds himself slowly drawn out of his grief and depression thanks to the gutsy, but kind female presence in his life.

Anna discovers that the return of the cowboy’s awareness and ability to care means he is on to her penchant for danger and recklessness, and he’s not having it. She finds herself getting the bare-bottomed spanking of her life, and feels loved by a man for the first time. Then he abruptly ends her employment. Anna flees, devastated and confused, and Carter knows he must straighten her—and the situation—out before he can claim the infuriating and enchanting woman as his wife.

Read what people are saying in their 5 star reviews!

I really enjoyed this sweet story about a hardened, widowed rancher and the woman who brings him back to life. Anna is innocent and plain spoken, and pours love into a broken family. Carter is tough and stoic, but a true gentleman. The punishment and courting scenes were well crafted, and I found myself falling into the story as I watched the characters walk the path that leads to love.

This short and fast-paced book is very well-written. You cannot help but get sucked into the budding romance between Carter and Anna. Everything about the story is very believable. I especially appreciated how Carter, despite his hardened exterior, always treats Anna with respect and compassion...even when punishing her. It is easy to see how Anna would fall in love with him.

I adored Carter and Anna and their journey together. This book was just the right mix of what I love in a good romance novel and it will definitely be joining my re-read list.

I wish I could give 20 stars!! This was the sweetest most innocent, yet sexy and hot and had me laughing SO hard, book that I've read all year!!

I really enjoyed this western romance. Anna comes to reinstate Carter's ability to feel anything other than numb after his wife dies. Without actually trying, she makes Carter fall in love with her innocent ways and quit demeanor. Anna does manage to get into some scrapes but Carter is there to correct her.

I loved this sweet story and the characters, Carter and Anna. It was very well-written and kept me engaged from start to finish! I look forward to reading more books from this author.

This book was an easy, quick, and fast paced book that I loved. It starts out sad with Carter, one of the main character, having lost his wife leaving him to raise a young son by himself and keep their ranch running. That is when Anna, the other main character, comes knocking at Carter's door looking for a job. It is wonderful how Anna pulls Carter out of his depression and back thinking about his son and also about her along the way. I very much enjoyed reading this book and I hope the Author has more on the way because I will definitely be interested in reading more of her stories.

I loved this sweet story that starts out with grief and trying just to deal with the death of his wife. Carter only exists, mostly because of his son, Paddy. Seventeen-year-old Anne Brown, the neighbor’s daughter, come bringing eggs and offers to work taking care of the house, cooking and Paddy so Carter can return to his ranch work. Anne is a bit naive, outspoken and comes from a house where they talk and share and is so determined to pull Carter out of his stupor of grief, even to the point of intentionally doing things to draw his ire. The plot of this story kept me captivated and the pages turning,

Excerpt:

Carter hung the lamp on a nail, and the barn glowed with soft yellow light. She watched as he pulled an alfalfa hay bale down to the ground from the top of the stack, pushed it into place with his boot tip, and took a seat. Tuck nickered at them, and for a moment Anna felt embarrassed that Tuck was going to witness this. She let out a nervous giggle when she realized how ridiculous that was.

Carter was rolling his right shirtsleeve to above his elbow. He glanced up at her. “Best not to laugh before punishment, Anna.”

“I wasn’t.”

Carter shook his head. “It’s best not to lie before punishment either. Get over my lap.”

She took a deep breath. She wanted this, she reminded herself, though she couldn’t exactly recall why at that very moment. With Carter’s guidance, she laid herself across his hard thighs and scooted into a comfortable position. She was glad he couldn’t see her face, which she was positive was the color of a tomato. Her braids hung down and the ends touched the dust and hay on the ground. Carter anchored his left hand around her waist and settled his right hand on her bottom. His hands on her body sent desire coursing through her. How could she want something so much and be so afraid at the same time?

She didn’t have time to think about it. Carter brought his hand down and gave her a sound swat. He did it again, a bit harder. He applied seven more swats before he stopped. She remained quiet and motionless.

“Have you ever been punished with a spanking before, Anna?”

“No, sir,” she said.

“I didn’t think so. I’m not sure you would have suggested it otherwise.”

Anna shifted in his lap. “I can’t remember why I wanted you to do this. I, I feel scared,” she stammered.

“That’s natural. You should feel a little scared.” He gave her a firm pat. “But you don’t have too much to worry about. Now if being adorable was wrong, you’d be in for a real thrashing. You wouldn’t sit for a week.”

Anna’s stomach fluttered.

Carter gave her another spank. “And if being a good kisser was a sin, I’d strap you with my belt until you begged for mercy. And then I would whip you harder.”

[...]

Sell Links





Author Bio

I’m an avid reader and writer of spanking romance novels, usually involving a cowboy, always involving a firm hand and a scorched ass. If you were to peek inside my Kindle, you’d find plenty of spanking romances as well as books by John Steinbeck, Margaret Atwood, Gillian Flynn, and other authors from disparate genres. What all of my favorite stories share are complex characters who draw me into their struggles and successes. I’m drawn to reality TV for the same reason. I also enjoy horseback riding, short hikes, and long lectures. I live on the west coast of the U.S. with my musician husband, a sulcata tortoise, and two antisocial rabbits.

If you’d like to talk books with me or find out which of my pets wins in a race against the others, please connect with me via email, Facebook, and/or Twitter. Thanks for reading!

Email me:

Friend me:

Follow me:

Visit my blog:

Goodreads:

Amazon Author Profile:




I bet y'all can't wait to pick up this book! I know I can't!!!! 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment